Raspberry Chia Jam
Another allrounder in my kitchen 🙂 As conventional jam is loaded with sugar I was so excited to try out this version where chia seeds and maple syrup substitute the gelling sugar. This raspberry chia jam is super easy and quick to make and you can use it on top of porridge, desserts, coconut yogurt, fruit or simply on a toasted slice of bread. Delicious!
Chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories and they are an excellent protein source. They are high in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and fiber.
Raspberries are loaded with powerful antioxidants that work against free radicals in your body and help decrease inflammation. Rich in Vitamin C they are a great boost to your immune system!
Feel free to swap the raspberries for blueberries, which taste amazing. Strawberries will probably also make a great alternative.
Did you try it with any other fruit yet?
- 2 cups (250g) frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or more if you like it sweeter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by putting the raspberries in a pot on medium heat for a couple of minutes until they start to thaw.
- Stir in the chia seeds and bring to a low bowl, the reduce the heat to medium again. Let it simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until the raspberries break drown and the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Place the jam into a jar and let it sit uncovered until cool. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Feel free to swap the raspberries for blueberries, which taste amazing. Strawberries will probably also make a great alternative.