Tropical Green Smoothie
Green smoothies are the perfect way to easily sneak more greens into your diet. This tropical combination is not just a great health boost but also tastes like summer. My favorite green is spinach, as it has a mild, nutty flavor and so many healthy benefits. I normally always have a base of banana but this one gets the creamy texture from the avocado and is sweet enough through pineapple and orange. If you like it sweeter you can add half a banana or 1-2 dates.
Spinach is important for skin and hair, bone health and provides protein, iron, vitamins and minerals. With one cup of pineapple you already get more than your daily recommended intake of vitamin C and avocado is loaded with healthy fats, fiber and various important nutrients.
The wheatgrass powder gives it the additional superfood kick by its high amount of chlorophyll. It is a natural detoxifier, boosts your metabolism and immune system and is great for your skin and hair. A powerful combination!
- 1 cup of pineapple
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 blood orange (or normal orange)
- 1/3 avocado (about 50g)
- 1 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of coconut water or water (depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Peel the pineapple, avocado and orange and cut into cubes.
- Remove any seeds from the orange.
- Put everything in a blender with the rest of the ingredients (except for the chia seeds) and blend until smooth.
- Top with chia seeds and enjoy this green goodness!