Simple 4-ingredient pancakes
Weekend breakfasts are very special for me. I love to have more time to prepare a delicious porridge with a soy latte. During the week I always eat at the office and mostly have overnight oats or soy yoghurt with fruits and granola.
So even though I am a huge porridge lover and have it on most weekends, every once in a while I love to make a big stake of pancakes.
This version is super easy to throw together and requires only 4 ingredients which I always have on hand. What’s also great about it is that by using a ripe banana and some plant based milk that is a bit sweet by nature (like oat milk), you don’t need any additional sweetener. Cinnamon and vanilla is optional but recommend as they are the perfect match to banana.
The chocolate sauce is just as easy and quick. I promise you won’t want any store bought chocolate sauce anymore after trying this one. The slight coconut flavor goes very well with the intensity of the cocoa and you can sweeten it to your preferences with maple syrup. Not to forget that this version is so much healthier than those sugar loaded ones from the supermarket. Coconut oil has so many great health benefits as it promotes nutrient absorption, increases your metabolism and strengthens your immune system. It further controls your blood sugar levels and improves bone strength and dental health.
Coconut oil is also very nourishing when applied to skin and hair. Just magical 🙂
For the topping I used strawberries, blueberries and banana but feel free to use any fruit you like and have on hand.
This breakfast is a feast, super easy to throw together and actually good for you.
What are your favorite pancake toppings?
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs cocoa
- 1/2 - 1 tbs maple syrup (depending on your preferred sweetness)
- 1/2 banana
- 4 strawberries
- 1 handful blueberries
- or any other fruits
- Place all your ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth for about one minute.
- In a small pot add coconut oil, cocoa and maple syrup on very low heat until melted.
- Stir the mixture regularly until your pancakes are ready.
- Heat a coated pan with coconut oil on medium heat.
- Scoop some of the batter into the pan.
- When bubbles form and the edges look solid the pancakes are ready to flip. They are not as firm as normal pancakes so be careful doing this. The best way is to slightly shake the pan so that the pancakes don't stick and then carefully flip them with a spatula.
- Let them cook for a few more minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat this process until all of the batter is gone.
- Serve with your preferred fruits and drizzle warm chocolate sauce on top. Dig in and enjoy!
- I ended up with 6 small pancakes. As the texture is not too firm I found it easier to flip smaller rather than bigger ones.