Roasted red pepper & rosemary almonds (+sweet version)
These roasted almonds are one of my favorite savoury snacks. I regularly make a big batch of them. They are perfect when you’re on the go or traveling. When I have friends over for a movie night they are even preferred to chips! I believe I’ve made my point. 😉
By roasting them they get the perfect crunch and the combination of red pepper and rosemary is just so delicious. If you like a bit of spice you can add some cayenne pepper which also goes great with it. The recipe below is for a savoury version but if you’re more on the sweet tooth front, I also have something for you. A variation with coconut oil, coconut sugar and cinnamon is added in the notes.
Almonds are my favorite nut as they taste so delicate and are super healthy. They provide a massive amount of nutrients and are loaded with antioxidants which protect your cells. These antioxidants are mostly concentrated in their brown skin so it’s actually better for you to eat those than blanched almonds. Almonds are high in healthy fats, vitamin E, magnesium, protein and fiber. The last two are helping to increase satiety so you won’t feel the urge to snack on other „unhealthy“ stuff.
What is your favorite healthy snack? I would love to get some inspiration! 🙂
- 1 cup almonds (150g)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 170 degrees.
- Put almonds on a baking tray and roast for 8-10 minutes, tossing once in between to make sure they don’t burn.
- Meanwhile combine all spices in a small bowl.
- Transfer almonds into a heatproof bowl and mix with olive oil until thoroughly coated. Add spices and mix again.
- Let them cool and store in an airtight container or glass jar.
- If you like it a bit of spice you can add some cayenne pepper which also goes great with it.
- For the sweet version the preparation is the same, just switch olive oil and spices with the following
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar, to taste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon