Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
In this smoothie, three of my favorite ingredients – chocolate, peanut butter and banana – come together in a heavenly creamy and rich indulgence. First of all I can hardly think of a better match than peanut butter and banana. The sweetness of the frozen banana complements the hearty, nutty taste of peanuts in a perfect way. The medjool date with a pinch of himalayan salt creates a subtle salted caramel flavour. Cocoa powder gives it an intense chocolate taste and the almond milk with its delicate nuttiness brings all flavours together. Sounds heavenly? I can assure you it also tastes so.
I love this smoothie after a workout while adding a tablespoon of hemp protein powder. The nutty taste goes very well with the rest of the ingredients and gives it an extra kick of protein. Okay you must have realised that I adore nuts by now 😀 However feel free to skip the protein powder if you don’t have any on hand. It’s also great without. Same goes for the cinnamon. I love cinnamon and put it in so many dishes (sweet AND savoury). If you’re not so much into it, you can leave it out as well.
This smoothie is further a powerful combination for you health: Almond milk keeps your skin glowing with plenty of vitamin E while barely having impact on your blood sugar. It further benefits your heart health because it does not contain cholesterol but healthy fats which help to prevent high blood pressure and heart disease.
Peanuts are rich in energy and contain various nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
Cocoa is a natural mood booster by raising serotonin levels and it has a high antioxidant activity that protects your cells from free radicals.
Bananas also contain several essential nutrients, have benefits for digestion, heart and kidney health.
Medjool dates are rich in fiber which will keep you full for longer and further curb sugar cravings by maintaining your blood sugar levels steady.
I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 overripe frozen banana (peeled and sliced)
- 1 medjool date
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tbs peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1 tbs hemp protein powder (optional)*
- 1 pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (optional)**
- Simply put all ingredients into your blender and mix until smooth.
- If your blender is not that strong, let the frozen banana thaw for a few minutes.
- * The hemp protein powder gives your smoothie an extra kick of protein, but feel free to skip it if you don't have any on hand.
- **I love cinnamon and put it in so many dishes (sweet AND savoury). If you're not so much into it, you can leave it out as well.