Red immune boost juice
During winter time with the constant switch to hot heated rooms/trains/stores to the cool and damp weather outside, its easy to get a cold. It feels like there is someone sneezing and coughing around every corner so the immune system is overly stressed during this season.
Next to my daily routine of drinking hot lemon water and ginger tea every morning, I like to get some extra vitamins in to support my immune system. Or if I already got a cold which is not always unavoidable, this juice helps my body to fight bacteria and get back on track.
It is bursting with health benefits, tastes delicious and has a beautiful red colour.
Beetroot + rich in nutrients + fight inflammation
Blood oranges + great for skin & bones + rich in antioxidants
Carrots + protect the heart + loaded with vitamin C & boost immunity
Lemon + full of nutrients including vitamin A & C, beta carotin, calcium, magnesium + lemon zest contains essential oils
Ginger + highly effective against nausea + helps with digestion + fights infections
I like to add some chia seeds on top of my juice to help my body absorbing the fat-soluble vitamins and they provide some extra omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 small fresh beetroot
- 1 blood orange (or normal orange)
- 1/2 organic lemon (juice & zest)
- 2 carrots
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Peel the orange, lemon, beetroot. If you have organic carrots and ginger keep the skin on.
- Put all ingredients in your juicer and turn it on.
- Give it a good stir, top with chia seeds and enjoy this vitamin boost!